Directions or applications
You would have received a Crystal with your smudge, this enhances your ritual and ceremony, you can do a few things with your crystal, you can place it in your pocket or hold it in your hand when you’re doing your ritual. What will happen is the intention energy you set in your ceremony will become part of your Crystal and will hold that same energy for a while.
I like to smudge my Crystal with the smoke first, then as I walk around the house I hold it as I cleanse the energy. The good energy is then captured into your stone. You can always add your own wording so the stone has exactly the intentions you want for it.
Remember if you received a quartz of any kind you can also bath with her, and the bath milk to enhance your energy, or you could place her beside the bath with some lovely candles so the energy completely surrounds your space. Don’t forget to re energies her every month, either leaving her to bask in the full moon or by smudging her.
How to Burn Smudge
“Heating” Incense Over Smouldering Charcoal
With this method of burning incense you’ll actually be “heating” the incense, not smoulder it directly on the charcoal. This method of burning incense is especially good for aromatic wood chips.
- Fill a heat proof incense bowl or censer with at least 2″ of sand, or natural ash. This will provided some much needed insulation for your burner. Charcoal can burn at up to 1500 degrees F.
- If you filled your burner with sand (instead of ash) form a cone shape so that you can place the charcoal tablet at the peak. This will allow air to flow around the charcoal.
- Place a charcoal tablet on the ash/sand and light the edge. If it’s self-igniting charcoal (contains potassium nitrate) you will see tiny sparks as you light it and it will ignite quickly so never hold it in your hand! If you need to hold the charcoal over an open flame to ignite it, use tweezers or tongs to hold it.
- Wait until the charcoal is glowing red hot and is covered with greyish-white ash. This will take about 5 minutes or so. If you like you can fan or blow on the charcoal to help get the whole tablet started.
- If you’re using ash, cover the charcoal with a thin layer of ash. If you’re using sand, loosely cover the charcoal with a small piece of aluminium foil (you can even make a small foil cup). Making sure the charcoal has enough air flow at the top so it doesn’t go out. Sand doesn’t allow the charcoal to breathe like ash does.
- Place your incense directly over or next to the ash covered charcoal. If using sand, place it on the foil.
The charcoal will stay hot enough to burn incense for about 45 minutes to an hour.
Once completed you can bury your embers into your yard, just dig a little hole throw the embers into the hole and cover with dirt, always being thankful for the gift the earth has provided you.
You will say the following words aloud (however if this is not possible say them in your head);
“As I stand here before my smudge I ask you to clear my body of negative energy” (whilst moving your smudge around your body from toes to head. This will take as long or as little as you need)
“I allow myself to relax and have a calm mind, I envisage myself with a sense of calm energy and I can feel how grounding this energy is”. (You can finish your body smudging with that or you can continue to smudge your house/work/things. As you move your smudge from room to room repeat the following 🙂
“I remove all unwanted negative energy from my house/work/environment or items and only invite in relaxing and calming energy for myself/family/friends. I am free to be grounded, calm and completely relaxed.” (This is continually said as you walk around your house/work. Once completed thank the energy and say something you are grateful for today). “I am grateful for …………….. Thank you and so it is”.
(Once the session has been completed and the Smudge has burnt out naturally, say the following 🙂
“I bury these embers and complete my ritual, thank you kind earth for accepting what once flourished in your hands. So it is.”